Living the Good Life?
Consider the advantages of living in Utah:
Cost of Living: The Accura Cost of Living Index names Provo, Salt Lake, Ogden and many major Utah cities as consistently having a cost of living lower than the national average. Utah ranked 5th among states for Economic Freedom, according to a study by the Pacific Research Institute. The Center for Women's Business Research reported Utah to be the fastest growing state in the nation for women-owned businesses!
Low Crime-Rate: Morgan Quitno, 12th Annual America's Safest (and Most Dangerous) Cities ranks Provo, Utah and Orem, Utah the 10th safest cities for each of their populations and Logan, Utah as "America's Safest Metropolitan Area."
Things to Do
- Rugged Recreation: Utah is proud of its five national parks, seven national monuments, two national recreation areas, and six national forests which provide hundreds of thousands of acres of terrain for any and all outdoor activities. Learn More
- Nightlife: From French cuisine to mountain cafes, Utah boasts some of the finest restaurants and night clubs in SW U.S. And for those who wish to venture further, Las Vegas, Nevada is only 2½ hours from Cedar City, Utah!
- Skiing Anyone?: 14 world-class ski resorts give Utah the winning edge in slope fun. Ski Magazine, 2006 ranked Deer Valley Ski Resort and Park City among the top 10 in the nation. Utah is known around the world for its pristine mountains and ideal skiing and snowboarding conditions. Brian Head Ski Resort located less than 3 hours from Las Vegas and 8 hours from Southern California is Utah's highest resort.
- Open Spaces & Adventure: Outside Magazine, August 2005 ranks Salt Lake City a "New American Dream Town" naming its commitment to open space, anti-grid-lock measures, optimistic community spirit, and passionate embrace of adventure. Learn More
- Don't forget Culture: More than just the Gateway to the National Parks, Cedar City, Utah is also home to the Tony Award winning Utah Shakespearean Festival, the Utah Summer Games, the American Folk Ballet, galleries, restaurants, coffee houses, music stores, several live music venues, an old time soda fountain, antique stores, and regional arts & crafts shops!